During the holiday season we were forced to replace the mailboxes in the kiosk for buildings 10 and 11. We reviewed the condition of the remaining mailboxes which are 35 years old. Many of them have cracked or broken frames on the doors and were showing their age. The Board decided to upgrade all of the mailboxes and the new mailboxes have now arrived.
Replacement of the mailboxes will involve careful planning and coordination between PML and the Post Office in order to minimize the disruption of mail service to the residents.
The procedure will be as follows:
- Distribution of the keys for the new mailboxes at the clubhouse.
- On a specified date residents will be asked to ensure that their mailbox is emptied.
- The next day the Post Office will unlock all mailboxes, old mailboxes will be removed and replaced by the new ones.
- The Post Office will install locks on the new mailboxes (hopefully the same day) and lock the mailboxes.
- Mail delivery will resume the following day.
Distribution of the keys for the new mailboxes will take place over the next two weeks. Each family must come to the clubhouse and sign for receipt of the keys. The initial distribution times are:
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017 12 Noon to 2PM
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017 6PM to 7PM (prior to the Board meeting)
Additional times will be announced as needed. The sooner the keys are distributed, the sooner we can install the new mailboxes. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, please call PML.